- August 9th, 2018 - Shooting of Two Camden Detectives
NJ COP SHOT – ALERT $20k Reward Offered For Information On The Shooting Of Two Camden Detectives $20,000 REWARD
The NJ Cop Shot program has posted a reward of $20,000 dollars leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects responsible for the shooting of two Camden Police Detectives Tuesday evening, August 7, 2018. The detectives, who were in plain clothes at the time, were ambushed and shot while at a red light in an unmarked car. The detectives were rushed to an area hospital with injuries being reported as non-life-threatening. New Jersey State PBA President Patrick Colligan said, "We consider an attack on ANY law enforcement officer in New Jersey regardless of Union affiliation an attack on one of our own." We want these dangerous criminals brought to justice as quickly as possible and we are confident that this reward will help. Our thoughts and prayers are with both detectives as they recover from this assault.”In an effort to capture anyone responsible for the assault of this officer, the State PBA is offering a $20,000 reward through the NJ COP SHOT program for information directly leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for this assault on a police officer. The NJ State PBA is asking anyone with information to call Detective Caffarelli of the Camden Police Department at (856) 757-7042. NJ Cop Shot is a program run by the New Jersey State PBA. All information provided is anonymous (confidential).
- September 24th, 2014 - Bridgeton Officers shot at
NJ COP SHOT program is posting a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects responsible for:
In Bridgeton, four officers came under gun fire at 1:12am Wednesday morning. Officers were on North Street conducting a follow up investigation when someone started shooting at them. All the officers took cover and were uninjured. The suspect fled on foot. Anyone with information on this case is asked to call (856) 451-0033 extension 0. The total reward in this case is $20,000.CAPTURED! http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/crime/2014/08/15/man-charged-with-firing-at-bridgeton-cops/14142553/
- May 20th, 2013 - Edison Police Officer's Home Fire Bombed
New Jersey State Policemen’s Benevolent Association President Anthony Wieners announced a $20,000 reward from NJ COP SHOT program is being offered for the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the firebombing of a police officer’s home. The attack on the officer’s home took place early Monday morning in Monroe Township. President Wieners said, “"Regardless of whether a gun, a knife or a firebomb, NJ Cop Shot stands ready to assist with the capture of those responsible. We know the danger we face when we put on our uniform and head out each day, but this attack on a home and family is unspeakable."Anyone with information should contact the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office at (732) 745-3300 or Middlesex County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-939-9600. NJ COP SHOT is a program providing financial rewards to capture those who attack or injure New Jersey law enforcement. Since its inception in 2007, sixteen rewards have been authorized, with only one case not having been solved.
- November 17th, 2012 - Passaic Plainclothes Police Officer Brutaly Beaten
In the early morning hours (2:52 AM) of November 17, 2012, a plain clothes police sergeant, in a marked unit arrived at a disturbance outside the Zarco Lounge on Main Street in Passaic. Three uniformed officers were speaking to people in the crowd when the sergeant went around the corner to speak to a person. As the sergeant spoke to the man, three men attacked the sergeant and knocked him unconscious. A witness flagged down the other officers to indicate the sergeant had been attacked.The sergeant was rushed to St. Joseph’s Hospital. He suffered a broken jaw, broken nose, and a concussion. One suspect was described as a black male with braids wearing an orange shirt. The original dispute involved people from Paterson and the suspects may be from that area. Anyone with information is asked to call Passaic Police Detective Wayne Jennings at (973) 365-3538 or (862) 245-1961.
- May 15th, 2012 - Trenton Officers Ambushed On May 15th, 2012 Trenton Officers were ambushed. SUSPECT CAPTURED Officers Mike Runyon and Gene Palumbo were patrolling near the 600 block of Stuyvesant Avenue just before midnight when they heard gunshots. They rolled down their windows to look for the source of the noises and found their SUV had been hit by four rounds of bullets. A total of six shots had been fired.
- November 7th, 2011 - Newark Officer Killed.
Detective Michael Morgan was shot and killed while attempting to take action during a robbery while he was off duty in Paterson, New Jersey.
He and several friends were visiting a club on Straight Street. While outside, speaking to an employee, a suspect approached and attempted to rob the two at gunpoint. Detective Morgan attempted to take action but was shot once in the side as he reached for his weapon.Responding units from the Paterson Police Department transported Detective Morgan to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his wound. The suspect fled the scene, however, the shooter and his girlfriend were arrested two days later in a hotel near Philadelphia. Both have been charged with felony murder, robbery, and weapons charges in the death of Detective Morgan. Detective Morgan had served with the Newark Police Department for 6-1/2 years. SUSPECT CAPTURED Detective Michael Morgan was shot and killed while attempting to take action during a robbery while he was off duty in Paterson, New Jersey. He and several friends were visiting a club on Straight Street. While outside, speaking to an employee, a suspect approached and attempted to rob the two at gunpoint. Detective Morgan attempted to take action but was shot once in the side as he reached for his weapon. Responding units from the Paterson Police Department transported Detective Morgan to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his wound.
- October 19th, 2011 - Mercer County Officer Stabbed On October 19th, 2011 Mercer County Sheriff's Officer William Osterman was stabbed October 19, 2011 Stabbing - Mercer County Sheriff’s Officer William Osterman SUSPECT CAPTURED An off-duty Mercer County sheriff’s officer was stabbed twice as he tried to arrest a disorderly man at the Kingsbury Towers apartment complex. Officer Osterman was struggling with the suspect on the concrete stairs when he was stabbed. The suspect broke free, and Officer Osterman only realized he’d been stabbed when he saw and felt himself bleeding.
- July 31st, 2011 - Essex County Correctional Officer Killed On July 31st, 2011 Debora Ferreira, a Essex County Correction Officer, was Killed. SUSPECT CAPTURED Off duty Essex County Correction Officer Debora Ferreira was found shot in killed in her vehicle after a failed carjacking attempt in Newark.
- June 11th, 2011 - Salem City Officer Shot On June 11th, 2011 a Salem City Officer was shot. SUSPECT CAPTURED An officer responding to a home invasion call around 9:42 p.m. and encountered a man matching the description of a suspect believed to have been involved in the home invasion incident. As the officer exited his vehicle to question the man, the man drew a handgun and began firing at the officer. The officer exchanged gunfire and the suspect fled.
- May 27th, 2011 - Newark Officer Killed On May 27th, 2011 Newark Officer, William Johnson, was killed. SUSPECT CAPTURED Off duty Newark Officer William Johnson was shot and killed as he ate at a restaurant. The drive by gunman sprayed the restaurant and drove off in a stolen vehicle.