- September 24th, 2014 - Bridgeton Officers shot at
NJ COP SHOT program is posting a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspects responsible for:
In Bridgeton, four officers came under gun fire at 1:12am Wednesday morning. Officers were on North Street conducting a follow up investigation when someone started shooting at them. All the officers took cover and were uninjured. The suspect fled on foot. Anyone with information on this case is asked to call (856) 451-0033 extension 0. The total reward in this case is $20,000.CAPTURED! http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/crime/2014/08/15/man-charged-with-firing-at-bridgeton-cops/14142553/
- May 15th, 2012 - Trenton Officers Ambushed On May 15th, 2012 Trenton Officers were ambushed. SUSPECT CAPTURED Officers Mike Runyon and Gene Palumbo were patrolling near the 600 block of Stuyvesant Avenue just before midnight when they heard gunshots. They rolled down their windows to look for the source of the noises and found their SUV had been hit by four rounds of bullets. A total of six shots had been fired.
- November 7th, 2011 - Newark Officer Killed.
Detective Michael Morgan was shot and killed while attempting to take action during a robbery while he was off duty in Paterson, New Jersey.
He and several friends were visiting a club on Straight Street. While outside, speaking to an employee, a suspect approached and attempted to rob the two at gunpoint. Detective Morgan attempted to take action but was shot once in the side as he reached for his weapon.Responding units from the Paterson Police Department transported Detective Morgan to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his wound. The suspect fled the scene, however, the shooter and his girlfriend were arrested two days later in a hotel near Philadelphia. Both have been charged with felony murder, robbery, and weapons charges in the death of Detective Morgan. Detective Morgan had served with the Newark Police Department for 6-1/2 years. SUSPECT CAPTURED Detective Michael Morgan was shot and killed while attempting to take action during a robbery while he was off duty in Paterson, New Jersey. He and several friends were visiting a club on Straight Street. While outside, speaking to an employee, a suspect approached and attempted to rob the two at gunpoint. Detective Morgan attempted to take action but was shot once in the side as he reached for his weapon. Responding units from the Paterson Police Department transported Detective Morgan to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his wound.
- October 19th, 2011 - Mercer County Officer Stabbed On October 19th, 2011 Mercer County Sheriff's Officer William Osterman was stabbed October 19, 2011 Stabbing - Mercer County Sheriff’s Officer William Osterman SUSPECT CAPTURED An off-duty Mercer County sheriff’s officer was stabbed twice as he tried to arrest a disorderly man at the Kingsbury Towers apartment complex. Officer Osterman was struggling with the suspect on the concrete stairs when he was stabbed. The suspect broke free, and Officer Osterman only realized he’d been stabbed when he saw and felt himself bleeding.
- July 31st, 2011 - Essex County Correctional Officer Killed On July 31st, 2011 Debora Ferreira, a Essex County Correction Officer, was Killed. SUSPECT CAPTURED Off duty Essex County Correction Officer Debora Ferreira was found shot in killed in her vehicle after a failed carjacking attempt in Newark.
- June 11th, 2011 - Salem City Officer Shot On June 11th, 2011 a Salem City Officer was shot. SUSPECT CAPTURED An officer responding to a home invasion call around 9:42 p.m. and encountered a man matching the description of a suspect believed to have been involved in the home invasion incident. As the officer exited his vehicle to question the man, the man drew a handgun and began firing at the officer. The officer exchanged gunfire and the suspect fled.
- May 27th, 2011 - Newark Officer Killed On May 27th, 2011 Newark Officer, William Johnson, was killed. SUSPECT CAPTURED Off duty Newark Officer William Johnson was shot and killed as he ate at a restaurant. The drive by gunman sprayed the restaurant and drove off in a stolen vehicle.
- May 19th, 2011 - Retired Floram Park Officer Shot On May 19th, 2011 a retired Floram Park Officer was shot. SUSPECT CAPTURED A retired Florham Park police officer was shot multiple times in an ambush by armed robbers while making a cash delivery in the Ironbound section of Newark. The officer returned fire, wounding one suspect
- January 14th, 2011 - Lakewood Officer Killed On January 14th, 2011 Lakewood Officer Chris Matlosz was Killed. SUSPECT CAPTURED Police Officer Chris Matlosz was shot and killed by a man he had stopped to talk to at approximately 4:00 pm. Officer Matlosz was on patrol when he stopped his patrol car to speak with a man walking along the road. As they spoke, the male took one step back, drew a handgun and shot Officer Matlosz three times, killing him.
- May 10th, 2010 - Wayne Officer Shot On May 10th, 2010 Wayne Officer Brian Wodell was involved in a shooting. SUSPECT CAPTURED Officer Brian Wodell was grazed in the head by a bullet during an armed robbery of an gas station. Police were notified of the robbery via 911 report and panic alarm alert. Officer Wodell was the first to arrive on the scene. As he exited his patrol car, Officer Wodell encountered the suspects, who ordered him not to reach for his firearm. But the suspects fired two rounds at Wodell, one of which grazed the left side of his head.